You don’t need to spend tons of money to make your home presentable before putting it in the market, however there are a few basic home improvements that you must do before you will get a good offer. As a matter of fact, some of the most effective ways of attracting buyers are usually the simplest. Regardless of how your home is at the moment, these simple 5 improvements will definitely help you seal a better deal on your property.
- De-clutter – No one wants to come into a home and have to step over different bits of odds and ends just to see the kitchen. If you are looking at attractive a good offer, your first action should be to take away clutter from the house. Apart from clearing your home of useless stuff, de-cluttering also creates an idea of more space. If you have too many sofas in the sitting room, now might be the time to move a few down to the basement. Prospective buyers want to be able to visualise what the house will look like when they move in, and they will not get a good picture if the house is full of useless junk.
- Give your lights a tweak – Sometimes, it takes just something as simple as a new set of lights to give your home a new look. If a part of your home is drab or colorless and you don’t have the budget for a new coat of paint, add an extra light, preferably something brighter or colorful to bring the space to life. You will notice significant home improvements simply by changing the intensity of one light or the design of a particular electrical fixture. Homeowners in and around Watford and St Albans testify of impressive results after using Elsys Electrical Contractors. If your property is in this area, you can also try out their services.
- Add a fresh coat of paint – Most homeowners assume that painting is an expensive project, on the contrary, it helps give your home new life, making it more fresh and modern. A fresh coat of paint especially on the exterior can improve your home’s value by a large margin. Experts actually advise that ceilings and walls get a fresh coat of paint before the house goes on the market. You can practically add thousands of pounds to the value of your home with this little improvement. If you have a limited budget, you can try paint your house on your own, however if you have the money to pay, it would be better to get professionals who will do a better job.
- Touch up the kitchen – One area potential buyers are always in a hurry to see when looking at a house is the kitchen. This is because a lot of the important activities that happen in any home occur in the kitchen. If you want to add some extra thousands to the value of your home, a few improvements in the kitchen will make this possible. You don’t need to carry out expensive modifications. Something as simple as replacing counter-tops, faucets, sinks and cabinet door handles will go a long way in improving the look of your kitchen.
- Make it attractive – Your property will sell faster if potential buyers find it attractive immediately they visit. Make simple adjustments like rearranging the chairs in the sitting room, place a vase of flower somewhere visible and throw the curtains open to allow natural light in.
It is also extremely important that you work on the smells. Clear away the trash bins, cigarette ash trays and if possible, place air fresheners in strategic places all over the house.
With these few improvements, you can be sure of getting a good offer from not just one, but many potential buyers.
Why not call on Elsys Electricals today to see how they can improve the ambiance of your home?