The process of buying a new home can be quite stressful. From the inspections to finalizing financials, you still have to uproot your entire life, arrange for movers and move into your new home. You probably have to sell of your old home also. With all of these, you may still need to carry out a few improvements in your new home. Here are a few places you may need to pay particular attention to, in order to get the necessary improvements when buying new home.
- Change the locks – You definitely don’t want strangers walking into your home at anytime. And even if you trust the previous owners, you don’t know how many copies of your house key is in the hands of different people. Electricians, plumbers and the cable repair man may have the key to your home so it is definitely a good idea to change the locks in your new home to prevent unauthorized entry. Get over to the hardware store and buy a new set of keys, you can then give one to a trusted friend or neighbor for safekeeping, if you want to.
- Install home security – Apart from changing your locks, you also need an extra layer of security for your new home. Installing a security system makes your home burglar proof. Very few burglars and intruders will want to face the hassle of bypassing a security system. Another advantage of having a home security system is that asides from protecting your home, it also provides a host of other safety features such as smoke and fire detector. Some of them also have cameras that record any unsuccessful attempt to break into your home.
- Review your home’s electricity – It is important that you review the complete electric system of your new home to ensure that everything is as it should be. Sometimes, buying properties work with a ‘what you see is what you get system’. Meaning that you pay for the home assuming that everything is working perfectly, but some extensive damage may be hidden behind a few minor improvements. If you live around Watford and St Albans, Elsys Electrical Ltd Limited can do a professional electrical overhaul of your new home’s electrical system. Even if your power supply is intact, carrying out minor modifications on your lights and fixtures will produce major changes in the appearance of your new home.
- Change your HVAC filters – The air filters in your HVAC unit is not something that should be managed. An air filter that costs less than 10 pounds can cause damage to your unit that may cost you as much as 4000pounds to fix or change. When you move into your new home, get a professional to look at your air and heat system. Not replacing the air filter can put more pressure on your system causing damages that could otherwise have been avoided. You should also schedule a twice a year maintenance for your HVAC to keep it working at optimum capacity.
- Add a fresh coat of paint – Even if the previous owner painted the property, you may want to have a color scheme that reflects your personality. It is advisable to do your painting before moving in. Painting in advance allows the house to air out before you finally move in and your furniture won’t be in the way. No splashes on paint on the carpet and chairs. If you are a DIY kind of person, set aside a few days to paint to your heart’s content. You should paint test different color swatches to determine which best suits your new home. If you are not a DIY person, or don’t have the time to paint, then look for a local professional who will give you a good job.
Now that you have paid for your new home, if you need an expert to look into your electrical system, call electrical professionals Elsys Contractors. They have expert technicians waiting to attend to you and carry any Electrical Work, required in your property. Leave Professional Work to the Professionals.